Shaving cream or gel is an essential part of the satisfying process of shaving. But regrettably, most of the shaving creams or gel on the market are loaded with different chemicals that might dry out the skin. On the other hand, many of the natural shaving gels, soaps, and creams can be a bit expensive. However, there are many solutions to it, for example, you can learn how to make a shaving cream at home.
Making your own shaving cream at home doesn’t have to be complicated. Infact, doing so gives you a right to choose the ingredients you want and avoid those that you don’t. This freedom of making your own shaving cream will allow you to throw away those cheap aerosol shaving gels or creams. Instead, you will be able to create a product of your own for the same price or maybe even for lesser.
Therefore, in this discussion you will find how to make a shaving cream at home. And from the multiple options and recipes given below, you can see which one works best for your skin. All of the homemade shaving cream recipes I have included are almost guaranteed to lubricate your face better, giving you a closer and a better shaving experience.
These shaving cream recipes are perfect for guys with more sensitive skin, or for anyone who’s looking for more natural shaving creams, but isn’t willing to spend an arm and a leg to get it. Let’s focus on how to make a shaving cream at home.
Why Make Shaving Cream At Home?
Here’s why you should use homemade shaving cream:
- Everything we put on our skin ends up in our bloodstream. No one wants harmful chemicals in their blood. Homemade shaving cream is healthier and without toxins. Now, toxins can have a powerful impact on our overall well-being.
- Both men and women can use homemade shaving cream. Which means that irrespective of how sensitive the skin is, it is always gentle on the skin
- Homemade cream can protect your skin from razor burns and nicks by moisturizing your skin.
How To Make A Shaving Cream At Home That Lathers?
Let me share with you some of my favorite recipes of homemade shaving cream that lathers:
1. Shaving Cream Recipe (Mango Butter, Coconut oil, Castile Soap, and Jojoba Oil)
This is the recipe for a homemade shaving cream that lathers your skin and moisturizes it to protect from nicks and cuts.
What are the ingredients in this shaving cream?
- Two ounces of Mango Butter.
- Two ounces of Coconut Oil.
- 3 Tablespoon of Castile Soap.
- 2 Tablespoon of Jojoba Oil.
Follow these easy steps:
- Take a pot and place both Coconut oil and Mango butter in it. Now warm it over low heat
- Cool it briefly, once melted. Now add Jojoba oil and Castile soap and stir it slowly
- Once the temperature of the mixture is close to room temperature, pour it into a bowl, and place it in the refrigerator
- Leave it for about an hour or until it hardens
- Take an electric mixer and mix it. If the mixture is too firm for an electric mixer, allow it to soften a little
- Use a hand mixer to whip until its fluffy
- Once you have sufficiently mixed the cream. Transfer it to a container to avoid germs and bacteria
- Your cream should be ready to use. If the cream doesn’t look like whipped frosting, you might want to mix it more
2. All-Natural Shaving Cream
The natural shaving cream takes advantage of a bar of all-natural soap to make it. If you are the one looking for all-natural shaving cream, then this is the one for you. Just remember, you will need a shaving brush to get the best results. Because of its hardness and use of an All-Natural soap bar, it is also known as Natural shaving soap.
What are the ingredients in this shaving cream?
- One bar of All-Natural soap. It’s best to look for something with few ingredients; unscented is best.
- 2/3 cup of Olive oil. You can also use grapeseed, almond, or avocado oil instead of olive oil.
- 3 Tablespoons of Castor Oil.
- 2 Tablespoons of Aloe-Vera Gel.
- 2 Tablespoons of White, Cosmetic, or French Clay.
- You will need about ten drops of Essential Oil. You can use your favorite scent.
To make this shaving cream/soap:
- First of all, take a large stainless-steel pot and grate the bar of All-Natural soap.
- Now add the Oils and Aloe-Vera Gel.
- Let it melt over the low heat. Take the mixture off the heat once everything is melted perfectly.
- Now mix the clay into the mixture and transfer the melted cream/soap into a mold.
- The cream/soap will gradually harden over time. It usually takes some days before you can use it. However, the significant benefit is that you can use it for over a year.
- Next time you want to shave using this All-Natural shaving cream/soap to lather your skin.
3. Super Foaming Shaving Cream
This is the easiest recipe for how to make a shaving cream at home. This recipe might cause a problem for any individual with sensitive skin. However, this is the cheapest and most accessible of all the methods.
What are the ingredients in this shaving cream?
To make foaming shaving cream/liquid soap you will need:
- 1/8 cup of Castile Soap.
- 1/8 cup of Distilled Water. It should be warm but not too much.
- 1/8 cup of Aloe-Vera Gel.
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive oil. You can also use grapeseed, almond castor, or avocado oil instead of olive oil.
- 10-16 drops of Essential Oil. You can use your favorite scent.
- You can also use Vitamin E or Grapefruit to keep cream for a longer time. Vitamin E also nourishes your skin.
- First of all, take a bottle and pour all of the ingredients into it, then shake it to mix all the ingredients.
- When you are ready to use, shake it for a few seconds and dump a small portion out on your hand. Now rub it on your face and make a good lather.
- You can also add some more water if you feel necessary.
- You can also call it liquid shaving soap or liquid shaving cream.
Other Homemade Recipes With Easy To Access Ingredients
The ingredients of all these recipes are easy to access and are money-saving. The best shaving cream is the one that lathers your skin no matter if it’s the homemade recipe with oils or a natural shaving recipe with soap.
In the end, what I want is to moisturize my skin enough to avoid cuts and razor burns. You will need the following items:
Bonus Recipe Number 1
Here is the first bonus recipe that I have brought for you. You will see that how easy this recipe is to make. Let’s have a look.
- 4 Tablespoons of shea butter.
- 3 Tablespoons of almond oil.
- Eight drops of essential oil.
- Pour shea butter in a bowl and whip it.
- Add almond oil and whip again.
- Now while whipping, add essential oil.
Your shaving cream should be ready if it’s not thick; make sure to whip it again until its thick. Now add shaving cream in a pump container or a jar.
Make sure to shake the jar or container before using it. If you want to make more quantity, you can double the ingredients.
Bonus Recipe Number 2
This is an interesting recipe that is made from non-Castile soap and Coconut oil. Let me take you through this recipe of making shaving cream at home.
- One ounce of non-Castile homemade soap
- One cup of distilled water
- 3 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- Eight drops of essential oil
- Take a pot and melt 1 ounce of soap with water over low heat
- Once melted, make sure to let it cool down
- Now add coconut oil into the mixture
- The next step is to add an essential oil of your choosing
Your cream should be ready to use. Put shaving cream in a jar to keep it safe from bacteria and other germs, before using wash your razor to remove any residue of the last shave.
Your razor should be in perfect condition. Make sure it doesn’t clog by washing it in between shave.
Bonus Recipe Number 3
Do you have a conditioner at home? Here is a interesting recipe that uses hair conditioner to create a shaving cream.
- 1/2 cup of conditioner. The conditioner works as a moisturizer
- 1/2 cup of shampoo
- 3 Tablespoons of almond oil or coconut oil
- Eight to nine drops of essential oil for the scent
- Put all the ingredients except essential oil in a pot and start melting
- Once melted, add essential oil
- Now keep it in the freezer until it hardens
Please keep it safe from bacteria and other germs. Make sure the jar is clean and thoroughly washed.
Bonus Recipe Number 4
You know that Almond oil is great for the skin and for the hair. Here is a recipe that includes Almond oil in it.
- One cup of sweet almond oil
- 1/2 cup of cocoa butter, preferably melted
- 1/4 cup of castile soap
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- One cup of warm water
- You will need eight drops of essential oil of your choosing
- Take a 16 ounces foam container
- Add water and cocoa butter in a saucepan
- Add the sweet almond oil, honey, and soap into the mixture
- Now mix it for about five minutes with the hand mixer
- Now add all the mixture into the 16 ounces container
Before using the shaving cream, shake it a few times to combine all the mixture.
Bonus Recipe Number 5
This recipe involves aloe vera, one of the best moisturizers for any skin. Aloe vera is generally used in all kinds of skin products.
- 1/2 cup of aloe vera, preferably fresh. If not, then use aloe vera gel
- 1/2 cup of liquid castile soap, you can also use one ounce of melted castile soap
- 2 Tablespoon of almond or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of distilled water
You might want to add eight to nine drops of essential oil or as required. The essential oil will remove the smell of mixture. You can use any essential oil that suits you.
The instructions are pretty straightforward:
- Just make sure you melt all the ingredients and freeze it for a couple of hours.
- Then use a hand mixer or electric mixer to mix the essential oil and transfer the cream to a thoroughly clean jar.
Does Shaving Cream Have Soap?
Yes, shaving cream involves oils, soaps, water, etc. In the recipe given above, I have mentioned a recipe that involves soap. You can call it All-Natural shaving soap or cream.
However, using soap instead of market-based or natural shaving cream is not a good idea. With the soap, you will have to rub a lot to lather your skin. After all, it’s all about the thickness of the lather on your skin.
The thick layer of lather will protect from razor burns, irritation, redness, nicks, and cuts, and all of these can cause pimples. The thick layer of lather will also provide a better and closer shave possible.
- Always remember this every time you shave:
- Please give it a shake next time you are ready to use the shaving cream. Make sure to rub it on your face until you feel a thick lather.
- Your blades should be sharp.
- Your skin should be moisturized enough.
- The razor should be clean.
The primary purpose of shaving cream or gel is to moisturize the skin to protect from nicks and cuts and also to provide a better and closer shave. All of the homemade products I mentioned above do the same for your skin.
What’s different in all these homemade products and market products is the ingredients and ingredients make a lot of difference. Our skin is sensitive when it comes to harsh chemicals. All the products with chemicals and stuff can go into your blood, which is not good.
Homemade shaving creams are the best natural shaving creams with the ingredients of your choice and to avoid the chemical-based products. You have other unique options to choose from if you have sensitive skin or allergy from any oil.
So, if you are looking for high-quality shaving soap or cream, but aren’t willing to buy it from the market, then you have come to the right place. All of the how to make a shaving cream at home recipes are natural and cheap.