Most men will start to see some growth within the first month of growing a beard. However, it takes most men around 3-4 months to grow a thick, full beard. Many factors, such as genetics, age, hormones, and diet, can affect how fast your beard grows.
Besides all this, different living and lifestyle strategies decide how fast or slow the beard grows. This guide is specially designed for those who want to know the factors and period of beard growth. Let’s start to discuss some stages and parameters that increase your knowledge about beard growth.
What Are The Different Phases of Beard Growth?
The different phases of beard growth are the following:
- And telogen phases
The first phase of beard growth is called the anagen phase. This is the phase when the hair follicles are actively growing, and the hair is visible on the skin’s surface. The anagen phase can last for several years, and the length of the hair that is produced during this phase can vary from a few millimeters to several centimeters.
The second phase of beard growth is called the catagen phase. This is a transitional phase between the anagen and telogen phases. During the catagen phase, the hair follicles stop growing, and the hair shaft begins to break down. The catagen phase can last for a few weeks to a few months.
The third and final phase of beard growth is called the telogen phase. This is the resting phase of the hair follicle, and the hair produced during this phase is usually shed. This phase can last for many months, and the length of the hair shed during this phase can vary from a few millimeters to several centimeters.
Things That Should Know About The About Growing Beard
The beard is back and huge. For years, the only facial hair in the mainstream was the mustache. However, mustaches are no longer the only facial hair in vogue.
Beards have come back with a vengeance, and there are a lot of men who are very excited about this trend. If you have been thinking about growing a beard, there are a few things that you should know.
- The first factor you need to know is that facial hair growth does not happen overnight. Beard growth takes time for your facial hair to reach its full potential
- Second, you need to know that there are a lot of different factors that affect facial hair growth.
For example, your diet plays a very big role in how fast your facial hair grows. If you eat a lot of junk food, you will notice that your facial hair will not grow as fast as it could. On the other hand, if you eat a healthy diet, you will notice that your facial hair will grow much quicker.
- Hormones also play a significant role in the beard growth
If your testosterone levels are low, you will notice that your facial hair will not grow as fast as it could. On the other hand, if your testosterone levels are high, you will observe that your facial hair will grow much faster.
- The next factor that affects beard growth is Genetics
If you have a family history of facial hair, you will notice that your facial hair will grow much faster. On the other hand, if you do not have a family history of facial hair, you will notice that your facial hair will not grow as fast as it could.
- The environment also plays a vital role in the facial hair growth
If you live in a hot environmental area, you will notice that your facial hair will not grow as fast as it could. At the same time, if you live in a cold climate, you will see that your facial hair will grow much faster.
- The level of stress is also important
A Lot of stress stops or slows facial hair growth.
- A lifestyle that is the most crucial factor in the growth of a beard
Lifestyles such as your habits affect growth. If you are a smoker, your beard will not grow as fast as you want, and vice versa.
- Next, you need to understand that your age plays a massive role in facial hair growth
The growth of facial hair also depends upon age. As compared to old ones, young people observe the fastest facial hair growth.
- The growth of a beard also depends on your health
If you are not healthy, you will notice that your facial hair will grow much faster. Besides this, your sleeping habits also decide your growth. If you do not get enough sleep, you will notice that your facial hair will not grow as fast as it could.
As you can see, there are a lot of different factors that affect facial hair growth. If you take the time to understand these factors, you will be able to grow a beard much faster.
Some Tips For Beard Growth
- Start with a clean slate: Give your face a good wash before growing your beard. This will help remove any dead skin cells or buildup that could prevent your beard from growing in evenly
- Exfoliate regularly: Exfoliating your skin will help remove any dead skin cells that could prevent your beard from growing evenly. Use a gentle exfoliating scrub a few times a week to slough off any dead skin cells
- Moisturize your skin: Keeping your skin moisturized is essential for beard growth. Use a light, non-greasy facial moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and prevent your beard from becoming brittle and dry
The Bottom Line
So, facial hair growth rates are chiefly determined by genetic factors. Testosterone, a male hormone, also plays a significant role in facial hair growth. Facial hair growth is a typical sign of puberty in males. The age at which facial hair starts to grow varies from one individual to another.
For some males, facial hair starts growing as early as 12 years of age, whereas, for others, it can begin to grow late into the teenage years.
Growing a beard takes time and patience. Don’t expect your beard to grow overnight, it takes most men several weeks to grow a full, thick beard.